Monday, June 14, 2010

It's a Pleasure...

…..to meet you, I mean. Post number one of a new blog on a new site. This is exciting stuff, right? Am I selling stuff? No…at least not right now. Who knows what the future holds. Life so far has taught me that I do not have the answers to so very much. I used to sell stuff, but not so much any more. Will I ever use this site to share some found object I have turned into my own? Quite possibly. Will that object be for sale? Maybe and maybe not. I usually only work on things I love…then I get attached to them. In what feels like another life ago (but really it has only been a few years ago) I did just that. I went in search of some beat up, albiet interesting item…scraped it, sanded it, painted it, sanded it some more, glazed it; then I dragged it to a show, and loe and behold, someone actually wanted to buy it from me. What a bag of mixed emotions that was! My whole purpose was to sell it, but it was my first piece and I was attached to it. Part of me wanted to hug the buyer. The other part wanted to cry. Logic won out in the end and I sold it without hugs or tears. I haven’t had the opportunity to work on such items of late. As my brother and his wife would say, it is not my “season of life” right now. What is my season of life right now? Well, I’m still working on that.
What I will probably use this blog to do is reconnect with blogs I used to enjoy reading, and connect with new blogs I am finding, talk about books I enjoy reading, share seeds/plants I just added to my garden (or wish I had time to add to my garden), and maybe even share a project or two, plus any other drivel that comes to mind at the moment. In the meantime….I have a lot of learning to do to figure out this site and all it’s possibilities.
I will share a blog that I am really enjoying and that is SlowLoveLife by Dominique Browning. http://www.slowlovelife.com/ While I’m waiting for her third book to come out I’m reacquainting myself with her first two books. I love to read a book where I feel the author is having a chat with me. To be able to write like that….wow. Dominque, I don’t know you, but I feel that I do. I hope that does not feel like an intrusion to you. I have wondered about that. When an author spills his/her soul, suddenly everyone pretends to know that person. I’m sure there is still so much he or she still keeps to themselves, right? Anyway, I read her first book and was so thristy for more that I anxiously read the second. Reading them the second time around now feels very comforting, like I’m chatting with an old friend. While I anxiously await Slow Love (the new book) to arrive on my doorstep in mid-May (or so Amazon says), I am thorougly enjoying reading her blog.







I would love to know if you’ve read them (that is presuming you know I exist here).

So for now I leave you with wise words from Laura Ingalls Wilder, “I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” Hmmmm


(Reprinted from my wordpress.com blog dated April 20, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol