Thursday, January 14, 2010

Garden Blues

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am ready for warmer weather. I miss the green-ness that is South Florida. Don't tell anyone as I am always saying I want cooler weather. Okay....I want "perfect" weather. To me that is 60's and 70's, with a touch of low 80's when I want to work on my tan. I would like to see a nice rain shower to water all the plants a few times a week, with a light breeze and sunshine all the rest of the time. When I walk out of my sweet little cottage, I walk onto and into my sweet little cottage garden. Where do I find this? La La Land???

Right now it looks a little dry and brown...so NOT South FL. I will do some fertilizing and watering this weekend to try to green things up a bit. I found a great fish manure (really, it is) organic fertilizer at the local green market that I really like. I think it will help. I have lost a few things in the almost freeze we've been having. It is not over yet. February is usually our coldest month. I will actually have to wait to start some seeds this year. What a shocker for someone who brags that she gardens year 'round.

I will say, however, that my roses look lovely. Plants that have not fared well have been green beans, basil, morning glories (which were SO lovely...started from seed with beautiful purple flowers). I'll have to start over on those. The little violas have never been happier. Ornamental kale and sweet allysum....also very happy. I am enjoying seeing them thrive as they are usually puny. So, definitely some good things still going on in the garden.

So for now, I will plan my attack on rejuvinating my waning gardens in the hopes it will spruce up and spruce my spirits as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol