Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Links and Recipes

(Reprinted from my wordpress.com blog dated June 10, 2010.)

I just realized this morning that I had incorrectly typed the link to Seeds of Change in the list to the right. I have since corrected it. I also added a few new links to new-to-me blogs.


Chelsea Blue Whispers is a lovely blog from Australia. The author is in business with Cathy Penton of Simple Things-Small Joys in Queensland. They each have their own blogs as well as the business blog.

52 Flea is a new blog to me entirely. I actually picked it up (and the others) from Chelsea Blue Whispers. That is how the word spreads on this interesting medium. I used to be referenced on others’ blogs with my first blog a few years ago, but not this one….not yet. Anyway, 52 is most interesting. Just looks that I love and wish to share.

What luck I had in running across Cannelle et Vanille. I have no idea how to pronouce this pretty-looking set of French words. The author is a chef, food stylist, and photographer. What a great combination! Interestingly enough, especially for me, many of her recipes are gluten free. They look absolutely yummy, something not always found with gluten free. I can’t wait to try a few.

And finally, Heather Bullard. Another woman after my own heart. Her entire site is quite lovely.

PINEAPPLE-GINGER RICE WITH EDAMAME ~ I tried this new recipe last night. I had intended to make it while Glenda was visiting. I even had it clipped to the refrigerator, right in plain sight. I finally made it last night and it is my NEW FAVORITE!! I can see me making a batch each week for me to take to work for lunch and nibble on for dinner. For me, it is a complete meal. For some, it would be a side dish. I got it from the Whole Foods Market website. Please click on the link for the full recipe. I think I will put my own spin on it in the future by adding different nuts and/or seeds, other herbs from my garden, and maybe apples or pears in place or addition to the pineapple. The more I add, the more vegetable broth I will need to add to compensate. It is good warm or cold. For lunch today I added a drizzle of Drew’s Rosemary Balsamic dressing on top. YUMMY!! Hope you will try it and love it as much as I do.

Those who don’t pick roses in summer, won’t pick them in winter either. ~German proverb. HUH???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol