Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Work in Progress

(This is the first present-day entry to what will be my permanent blog site.  It is a duplicate from my wordpress.com blog dated today.  Some beautiful changes to this blog are coming soon.  Can't wait!!  Please stay tuned...)

We are getting back to normal at the Bass household these days. Our visit from Glenda has come and gone already. That is hard to believe. The following weekend was a visit from my husband’s brother. Both he and his wife were down, but wife was at a class reunion and brother got to have some free time. So the brothers enjoyed a morning of kayak fishing in our sweltering heat. Still, the water was beautiful as always.

Meanwhile, I am working on a new blogging project that I will share soon. I’m making some changes, but this time change is good. I can’t wait to fill you in. So for now, I’ll just share a few pictures/sites that I love.

You know we love our chickens. Owning chickens (or CHOOKS as they are called in Australia) has become a popular hobby. Anytime I see someone’s coop and yard, I have to save the picture. I love our set up and will look for some pictures I already have on hand. In the near future, I will take some pictures of all the upgrades that have taken place in our yard and house. It all looks so great!


This is one of my favorites. I’m not sure where I found it, so unfortunately I cannot give credit where credit is due. Love, love, love the roses and chickens together.

Then there is this entry from Heather Bullard’s site. I mentioned her in my previous post.  Heather is the senior editor of Flea Market Style magazine. Check out their new blog at the link. She is also an accomplished photographer, so all the pics are her own. She and her “man” visited Santa Barbara and found this set-up behind a store they visited. So charming!! She says that the children of a family come in daily to tend to the hens. How sweet is that?. Click on the link to see all the pictures from her post. You will want to add her sites to your favorites to visit often. I have! We have said that our next coop (when would we need a next one?) would be a walk-in type and this is great inspiration.


I had intended to show our own pictures next, but I believe they are saved in my other computer. So I will wait and take current pictures to share instead. While you wait, here is our kitty….Gracie Allen Bass. She is sitting on top of the opened chicken coop door, but appears to have her eye on something in the distance. She is our miracle cat who survived a near fatal dog attack a few years ago. She has even had one of her hind hip sockets removed as a result, but seems good as new these days. When we have had a few rainy or chilly days she looks to maybe have some arthritic pain there though. She is a beauty!


If I hadn’t started painting, I would have raised chickens. ~ Grandma Moses


~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol