Monday, January 31, 2011

Stokes Addition

I have mentioned friend-turned client, Susan Stokes, to you before.  And I have made little mentions here and there of a project I am working on.  This weekend, I went to her house to capture the work in progress.  Susan is newly married (congratulations!!) and an awesome new master suite is being added to her already beautiful home.

Here is where we are right now.

The plumbing is in, slab poured, and the walls are up.
Wow....this guy works fast.
And yes...that is really what the sky looked like this past
weekend here.  It was truly a gorgeous.

It might not look like much now, but soon
this will be a swoon-worthy, spa-like
master bathroom.  Sorry, Shelby....your
doggy door is no longer!

I believe this is going to be the best part....
not counting the bathroom and big walk-in
closet/dressing room...
This left corner will be a beautiful sitting room
off the bedroom with big picture windows
and a cupola-styled roof.
We'll have to add Plantation shutters.
You'll see why in just a sec.

Pool to the left.
We demo'd the back a while ago.
A space I like to call The Lanai.
A new summer kitchen/grill/bar area
is part of the addition plan.
Even a water feature is being discussed.

Here is the real water feature, however,
and the reason shutters are needed.
Here is Susan and Robert's beautiful view.

Some pictures of my previous work
inside Susan's home.
This is the main room of the house....
living, kitchen, dining room in one.

This used to be a two-level, angled island.
We found the most incredible granite for the
island and all the counters.  It looks and
feels like petrified wood.  I've never seen anything
like it before or since. Luckily, we
nabbed the last two slabs for the summer kitchen.
The single height island opened the space beautifully.

We also removed a knee wall that was at
the entrance.  Opening the space even more.

Custom shower curtains, vanity, sink, etc.,
in the guest bathroom.


 These last few pictures don't mean a thing unless you can catch a glimpse of BEFORE....

There's that knee wall.  OUTTA HERE!

Some A/C issues got the ball rolling.
Check out the tile backsplash.
OUTTA HERE!

Here you can see the two-level island.
OUTTA HERE!
End-to-end cabinets give her so much
more storage on the new island.
So I will continue to share pictures of how the addition is progressing.  I can only say that the bathroom is going to be so incredibly awesome.  We are waiting for the tile (and I use the term lightly....would I really call it tile??  I'm not sure.) to arrive from Australia!! 

I also worked on a couple of other little projects at home this past weekend that I can't wait to share with you.  They need a little tweaking before their reveal!!  More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol