Friday, October 29, 2010

Last Set from the Country Living Fair

I guess it is now quite apparent that I had a wonderful time last Saturday at the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain Park, Georgia.  Here is the last set of pictures.....just random shots. 


They also had a little area where you could make your own basket.





I am always scouting new booth ideas. 
LOVE THIS!  Screens doors are so lightweight,
easy to tote about, and a great look!

I took this pic for my bloggy friend, Lili, of
Fearless Nesting.  Check out her driftwood trees and
beautiful pottery here.

Uh, yeah....these are roof vents turned light fixtures.
How clever is THAT???

Sweet display....had to capture it.

Another great booth idea.  This vendor used the screen doors
to make an arched entry way.  Also love the dropcloth drapes.
If you look closely or click on the pic, you'll see she strung them
with little drapery rings/clips.  Great idea!




Large yard flowers made from boat props!!

One of my favorite spots.  Can you imagine having a booth that gets
three days of this kind of traffic?  It never let up.  My picture did not
do this booth justice.  It's larger than it appears. 
I love the simplicity of the paperchain.  I'm going to "borrow" this
idea for a bridal shower I am working on for a girl at work. 
This booth is for "Findings."  I will provide her link in a later post
as I don't have it with me today.
She makes AWESOME jewelry also.
(Popping back in with Joanna Madden's link.)

Little fairy gardens.  I just wanted to buy the entire set up!

My camera battery died so this little picture was taken from
my husband's iPhone.  I can't enlarge it without it
getting blurry. Yes, that is Amy Barickman!!
I was excited to see someone I have seen on the
pages of Where Women Create.

Another iPhone picture.  This is Shari Replogle
of Plays with Paper.  She was so nice.
Her work is gorgeous.  We chatted for a bit.
I was so sorry I did not have my camera to take
more picturesof her and her booth.  One of my favorites...
for sure!! Her jewelry pieces are works of art! 
(And thankfully available online!!!)
Okay.....whew!!!  That is it for my CLFair pics.  On to other topics very soon.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.  Can you tell it was my first fair of this type?  Hopefully that helps to explain my overflowing excitement.  It was more than I had even hoped it would be.  I am very interested in all the jewelry I have seen and am aching to try my hand at something soon.  I have done a booth twice before, as I have mentioned.  It has been several years ago now.  I'm getting the itch.  I have to check my old stock, add to my stock, plan the booth's look, find the perfect venue.  Sounds like great fun to me!!

Here are a few quotes to keep me on that track....

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.  ~Les Brown

It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~George Eliot
(Thank goodness!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, What a nice surprise to see that driftwood tree you captured for me on here! That show was filled with so much inspiration, a great place to get your creative juices flowing! That would be so much fun to have a booth and what a great place to scout out ideas too! Love the idea of those screen door partitions. Happy creating! Thanks for including a link to my blog on here too! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol