Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Not Over, 'til It's Over

I am enjoying a quiet evening tonight.  For one, all those political ads are coming to an end as all the networks cover the results.  I'll check in every once in awhile, but I won't watch it all night.  Even though, with tonight's results, I will have two new bosses in the morning.  I work for my county's school board and will have two new school board members to assist soon.  That is my "real" job....the one that pays {most} of the bills, the insurance, the retirement.  The work I love is another story...

I think I am among many throughout our country who think the races this year were beyond nasty.  I'm over it!  I did my part...I was there to vote at 7:30 this morning.  While I'm glad it's over, I'm glad I had to opportunity.  We {as in "we" women} didn't always have that opportunity.  Hard to believe.  I look at the pictures and read the history books, but it is hard to relate to this....



"During the beginning of the twentieth century, as women's suffrage gained in
popularity, suffragists were subject to arrests and many were jailed. Finally, despite President Woodrow Wilson's opposition, Congress passed what became, when it was ratified in 1920, the Nineteenth Amendment which prohibited state and federal agencies from gender-based restrictions on voting."  ~Wikipedia.

So for the women who fought, who were jailed, who screamed and yelled...I humbly thank you.  Because of you all, I have the opportunity to vote my heart:
I bet I'm not the only one who would vote this ticket!!



All pictures via zazzle.com.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the elections are over too Carol! I got sick and tired of seeing and hearing those ads on TV. Happy days are here again! LOL
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol