Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks for Giving....

....me such joy....such Joie de vivre.

**A poem for you.**

Nature XXVII, Autumn
The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.
~Emily Dickinson

Yes...I got a trinket to wear tomorrow to dinner at my brother's.  (Emily said I must.)  I debated all day whether to shop for a Fall-colored outfit of some sort.  However, I have a new lightweight sweater in that very popular color that I call "blush"....you know, not really pink, not really beige.  I really like it.  I scored a lovely trinket at Anthropologie today to wear with that sweater.  In the grand scheme of things, it was not a major bargain.  It was an Anthro bargain, however. 

Isn't she lovely?  The blush beads coupled with
two sizes of clear beads.  Ooh la la!!

Do you love the fabric pouch she was put in?
Simple drawstring with snappy cotton fabric.
Love it!

All their jewelry hung from these simple tags with ribbon loops.

The best part....ON SALE!!
(Not the Made in China part.)

Are these exclusive to Publix?
Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers.
I have a "thing" for salt and pepper shakers.
I didn't realize it until I counted them one day.

Another set...


One of several little Autumn vignettes with another s/p
set.  All will get put away Friday when I start on the
Christmas decor.
Tomorrow we will enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's new home.  We will make our rounds to other family homes as well.  I pray you all will enjoy a most special day with whomever you choose to spend it.  Families come in all shapes and sizes, and consist of friends as well.  Enjoy a blessed day.
Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare.  They are consumed in twelve minutes.  Half-times take twelve minutes.  This is not coinsidence.  ~Erma Bombeck
(Wasn't she wonderful??)
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  ~Robert Frost  (One of my favorite quotes by one of my favorite writers.)
And finally, as I write this, I am wearing my new trinket, paired with an old brown plaid flannel shirt.  One can never be over accessorized....right?
May Thanksgiving blessings abound to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much.
Many thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.
Warmest regards ~ Carol